Thursday 2 March 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Laurance in Queens and Mitchel Laurance.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cisco Kid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1950 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Matthew Laurance in Queens: New York, USA; actor/identical twin of Mitchell (Mel - Beverly Hills 90210, Ben - Duet).
- Mitchel Laurance: Actor (LA Law, Not Necessarily the News).
- Karen Carpenter in New Haven: Connecticut, USA; vocalist/drummer ("We've Only Just Begun").
- Mitchell Laurance in Queens: New York, USA; actor/identical twin of Matthew (L.
- Karen Carpenter: American musician, a member of a popular brother-sister singing team "The Carpenters," who sold millions of hit records in the early '70s.
- Belinda Giblin: Australian actress who gained national attention as the sexy blonde secretary in the sordid TV soap "The Box," 10/1973 to 11/1974. Fed up with her image, she quit the show. However she continued her typecast in two Aussie movies, "End Play," released 12/1975, and "Petersen," 6/1981. With more national fame for nudity and theatre tours, she was named Actress of the Year in 1979.
- Jeffrey Chodorow: American restaurateur and financier
- Rosli Dhobi: famous Malay Sarawakian (Born 1932).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 March 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Frank Sinatra
- Mills Brothers - Daddy's Little Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?