Thursday 2 March 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1950 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Belinda Giblin: Australian actress who gained national attention as the sexy blonde secretary in the sordid TV soap "The Box," 10/1973 to 11/1974.
- Karen Carpenter: American musician, a member of a popular brother-sister singing team "The Carpenters," who sold millions of hit records in the early '70s.
- Karen Carpenter in New Haven: Connecticut, USA; vocalist/drummer ("We've Only Just Begun").
- Matthew Laurance in Queens: New York, USA; actor/identical twin of Mitchell (Mel - Beverly Hills 90210, Ben - Duet).
- Mitchel Laurance: Actor (LA Law, Not Necessarily the News).
- Jeffrey Chodorow: American restaurateur and financier
- Mitchell Laurance in Queens: New York, USA; actor/identical twin of Matthew (L.A. Law, Not Necessarily the News).
- Rosli Dhobi: famous Malay Sarawakian (Born 1932).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mills Brothers - Daddy's Little Girl
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Frank Sinatra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?