Friday 2 March 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Cowsill in Newport and Mark Evans in Melbourne.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jane Eyre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1956 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- John Cowsill in Newport: Rhode Island, USA; rock drummer (Cowsills - "We Can Fly").
- Mark Evans in Melbourne: Australia; rock bassist (AC/DC - "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", Warrior Soul - "Last Decade of The Century").
- Maria Fernandez: Spanish dancer.
- John Cowsill: American singer and drummer (The Cowsills).
- Mark Evans: Australian bass player (AC/DC Finch and Heaven).
- Morocco gains its independence from France.
- The British deport Archbishop Makarios from Cyprus to the Seychelles.
- Soviet Armed Forces suppresses mass demonstrations in the Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic, reacting to Nikita Khrushchev's de-Stalinization policy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?