Friday 2 March 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1956 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- John Cowsill in Newport: Rhode Island, USA; rock drummer (Cowsills - "We Can Fly").
- Mark Evans in Melbourne: Australia; rock bassist (AC/DC - "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", Warrior Soul - "Last Decade of The Century").
- Maria Fernandez: Spanish dancer.
- John Cowsill: American singer and drummer (The Cowsills).
- Mark Evans: Australian bass player (AC/DC Finch and Heaven).
- Morocco gains its independence from France.
- The British deport Archbishop Makarios from Cyprus to the Seychelles.
- Soviet Armed Forces suppresses mass demonstrations in the Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic, reacting to Nikita Khrushchev's de-Stalinization policy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?