Friday 2 March 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Duke Of Earl by Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler).
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Last Year at Marienbad, directed by Alain Resnais, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1962 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Philip Jonas in Johannesburg: South Africa; Canadian Tour golfer (1993 Payless-second).
- Jon Bon Jovi [Bongiovi] in Perth Amboy: New Jersey, USA; rocker (Bon Jovi - "You Give Love a Bad Name").
- Terry Steinbach in New Ulm: Minnesota, USA; catcher (Oakland Athletics).
- Terry Steinbach: American baseball player; made his debut with the Oakland Athletics on 9/12/1986.
- Jon Bon Jovi: American musician, the superstar leader of "Bon Jovi.
- Al Del Greco: NFL kicker (Houston / Tennessee Oilers)
- Scott Sterling: American musician (Scott La Rock) (d. 1987)
- Paul Farrelly: English journalist and politician
- Scott La Rock: American DJ and producer (Boogie Down Productions) (d. 1987)
- Hiroyuki Morioka: Japanese author
- Tom Nordlie: Norwegian footballer and coach
- Michael Salinger: American poet and educator
- Raimo Summanen: Finnish ice hockey player and coach
- Gabriele Tarquini: Italian race car driver
- Charles Jean de la Vallee-Poussin: Belgian mathematician (Born 1866).
- JFK announces US will resume above ground nuclear testing
- Wilt Chamberlain sets the single-game scoring record in the National Basketball Association by scoring 100 points.
- US President John Kennedy announces US will resume above ground nuclear testing.
- In Burma, the army led by General Ne Win seizes power in a coup d'etat.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Gene McDaniels - Chip Chip
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?