Tuesday 2 March 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Perry and Ray Hall.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Sendung mit der Maus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1971 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Donna Perry: Glendale, California -- Playmate (Nov, 1994).
- Ray Hall: NFL defensive tackle (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- James Hammerstrand in LaMesa: California, USA; volleyball middle blocker (Olympics-1996).
- Ruffin Hamilton: NFL linebacker (Atlanta Falcons).
- Amber Smith in Tampa: Florida, USA; actress (Faithful, Funeral, Mirror Has two Faces).
- Stefano Accorsi: Italian actor, married to French model and actress Laetitia Casta.
- Vincenzo Modica: Italian runner, a Silver Medallist in marathon at World Championship 1999.
- Method Man: Rapper
- Dave Gorman: English documentary comedian
- Lisa Lackey: Australian actress
- Amber Smith: American model and actress
- Manami Toyota: Japanese wrestler
- Charles W Engelhard US silver multi-millionaire: dies at age 54.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
- Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?