Wednesday 2 March 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Jack and Matthew Mitcham.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Father Figure by George Michael.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chelmsford 123.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anticipation or Gamma Strike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1988 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Keith Jack: Scottish singer and actor.
- Matthew Mitcham: Australian diver and entertainer.
- Adanna AdannaDavid: YouTube Star.
- James Arthur: Pop Singer.
- Édgar Andrade: Mexican footballer.
- Nicola Geuer: German tennis player
- Chris Rainey: American football player
- Geert Roorda: Dutch footballer
- Nadine Samonte: German-Filipino actress
- Dutch Liberal Party merges with SDP.
- 30th Grammy Awards: "Graceland", Joshua Tree, Jody Watley win.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 March 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
- David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Cher - I Found Someone
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?