Thursday 2 March 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
The 'Burbs, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1989 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Nathalie Emmanuel: TV Actress.
- Alemão : Brazilian footballer.
- Toby Alderweireld: Belgian footballer.
- André Santos: Portuguese footballer.
- Marcel Hirscher: Austrian skier.
- Shane Vereen: American college football player
- Jean-Frédéric Chapuis: French freestyle skier, he won the gold medal (ski cross) at the 2014 Sochi Olympics, the silver and bronze medalists were also French competitors.
- Alemao: Brazilian footballer
- 12 European nations agree to ban chlorofluorocarbon production by 2000
- Exxon Houston runs aground in Hawaii, spills 117,000 gallons of oil.
- New York Mets' Darryl Strawberry swings at teammate Keith Hernandez.
- Twelve European Community nations agree to ban the production of all chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) by the end of the century.
- Jammu Siltavuori abducts and murders two 8-year-old girls in the Myllypuro suburb of Helsinki, Finland.
- Portugal wins the FIFA U-20 World Cup, defeating Nigeria on the final by 2–0 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Time, Inc. and Warner Communications announce plans for a merger, forming Time Warner.
- The Purley Station rail crash in London leaves 5 dead and 94 injured.
- The first ACT (Australian Capital Territory) elections are held.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
- Ann Wilson and Robin Zander - Surrender To Me
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?