Friday 2 May 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Citizen Kane, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1941 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Eddy Louiss: French jazz musician (Hammond organ, vocalist).
- Tony Adamowicz: American race car driver.
- Bruce Cameron: Scottish bishop.
- Clay Carroll: American baseball player.
- Tom Smith: American executive and CEO of Food Lion, a Southeast supermarket chain.
- Jules Wijdenbosch: premier of Suriname.
- FCC approves regular scheduled coml TV broadcasts to begin July 1
- Nazi occupied Netherlands layoff Jewish journalists
- Ted Williams lowest average (.308) in year he hit over .400
- US Federal Communications Commission approves regularly scheduled commercial TV broadcasts to begin July 1.
- Following the coup d'etat against Iraq Crown Prince 'Abd al-Ilah earlier that year, the United Kingdom launches the Anglo-Iraqi War to restore him to power.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?