Monday 2 May 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joey Phillips and Maurice Jacoel.
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Crusade in Europe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1949 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Joey Phillips: percussionist (Atlantic Star - "Touch a Four Leaf Clover").
- Maurice Jacoel: Egyptian educator and astrologer.
- Alan Titchmarsh: British entertainer and TV host, friendly and accessible, best known for his interview show, "Pebble Mill," starting in 1991.
- Arthur Miller wins Pulitzer Prize for Death of a Salesman
- Bolivian state of siege proclaimed.
- Don Newcombe, first start, shuts out Cincinnati Reds on five hits to win 3-0.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 May 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?