Monday 2 May 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1949 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Maurice Jacoel: Egyptian educator and astrologer.
- Alan Titchmarsh: British entertainer and TV host, friendly and accessible, best known for his interview show, "Pebble Mill," starting in 1991.
- Joey Phillips: percussionist (Atlantic Star - "Touch a Four Leaf Clover").
- Arthur Miller wins Pulitzer Prize for Death of a Salesman
- Bolivian state of siege proclaimed.
- Don Newcombe, first start, shuts out Cincinnati Reds on five hits to win 3-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?