Friday 2 May 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Jones and Kim Jones in Sonoma.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Vertigo, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jefferson Drum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1958 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Kim Jones: Sonoma, California -- 5k runner.
- Kim Jones in Sonoma: California, USA; 5k runner.
- Chef Wan: Chef.
- Stanislav Levý: Czech footballer and manager.
- David O'Leary: English-Irish footballer and manager.
- Alfred Weber: German economist, geographer, sociologist and theoretician of culture whose work was influential in the development of modern economic geography.
- Yanks threaten to broadcast games nationwide if NL goes ahead with plans to broadcast, games into New York City
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 May 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Champs - Tequila
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?