Thursday 2 May 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Reggie Slack and Jeff Agoos.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Odd Couple, directed by Gene Saks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1968 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Reggie Slack: Canadian Football League quarterback (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Jeff Agoos: Swiss-American soccer player manager and sportscaster.
- Hikaru Midorikawa: Japanese voice actor and singer.
- Ziana Zain: Malaysian singer-songwriter and actress.
- Donald L Hall: Airplane designer (Spirit of St. Louis), dies at 69.
- 22nd NBA Championship: Boston Celtics beat Los Angeles Lakers, 4 games to 2.
- Gold reaches record high (US$39.35 per ounce) in London, England.
- Israeli television begins transmitting.
- The Israel Broadcasting Authority commences television broadcasts.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 May 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?