Sunday 2 May 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Bishop and Musashimaru Koyo.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Billy Jack, directed by T.C. Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Von Liebe keine Rede.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1971 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Greg Bishop: NFL guard (New York Giants).
- Musashimaru Koyo: American Samoan sumo wrestler, the 67th Yokozuna.
- Maria Tognazzi: Italian noted family, daughter of actor ugo tognazzi & franca bettoja.
- Musashimaru Kōyō: Samoan-American sumo wrestler the 67th Yokozuna.
- Fatima Yusuf: Nigerian sprinter.
- Sandra Haynie wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open.
- In Ceylon, left-wing guerillas launch a series of assaults against public buildings.
- Arsenal FC wins the English Division 1 football league championship at the home of their bitter rivals, Tottenham Hotspur, with Ray Kennedy scoring the winner. (Arsenal FC would go on to win the league and cup 'double' 6 days later by defeating Liverpool in the FA Cup final).
- The Harris Poll claims that 60% of Americans are against the Vietnam War.
- East German leader Walter Ulbricht resigns as Communist Party leader but retains the position of head of state.
- Anti-war militants attempt to disrupt government business in Washington, D.C. police and military units arrest as many as 12,000, most of whom are later released.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Bread - If
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?