Saturday 2 May 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
The Burning, directed by Tony Maylam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1981 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Robert Buckley: American actor.
- Chris Kirkland: English footballer.
- Tiago Mendes: Portuguese footballer.
- Matt Murray: English footballer.
- Radio Shack re-releases Model III TRSDOS 1.3 with 2 fixes
- 107th Kentucky Derby: Jorge Velasquez on Pleasant Colony wins in 2:02.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Blondie - Rapture
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?