Friday 2 May 1997
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hypnotize by The Notorious B.I.G..
In UK I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
The Fifth Element, directed by Luc Besson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1997 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
Famous Birthdays:02 May
- Police arrest transsexual hooker Atisone Seiuli with Eddie Murphy
- Republic of Texas security chief Robert Scheidt surrenders.
- Mercury Mail announces its one millionth internet subscriber.
- Donald Trump and Marla Maples announce they are separating.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
- Puff Daddy - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- Monica - For You I Will
- Savage Garden - I Want You
- The Spice Girls - Wannabe
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- AZ Yet - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Paula Cole - Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
- B-Rock & The Bizz - My Baby Daddy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?