Friday 2 May 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NOFX Backstage Passport.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing American McGee's Grimm or Brothers in Arms: Hour of Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 2008 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 May
- Beverlee McKinsey: American actress (Born 1940).
- Marvel Entertainment releases the film Iron Man to theaters in the USA. Marvel produced the film itself, at a cost of about US$150 million plus US$75 million in marketing.
- Cyclone Nargis makes landfall in Myanmar killing over 138,000 people and leaving millions of people homeless.
- Chaiten Volcano begins erupting in Chile, forcing the evacuation of more than 4,500 people.
- Conservative Party candidate Boris Johnson is elected as the Mayor of London replacing Ken Livingstone, capping huge gains by the Conservatives in local elections, which gave them a net gain of 256 council seats and a net gain of 12 city councils. (BBC News)
- May 1-2, 2008 tornado outbreak: Tornadoes affecting the south-central United States kill at least seven in Arkansas. (KAIT8)
- Over 10,000 people gather in Seoul, South Korea, to protest against the importation of U.S. beef, which is alleged to have a danger of mad cow disease. (YouTube Video)
- The opposition Movement for Democratic Change proposes a power sharing arrangement with the President of Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe's party, the Zimbabwe African National Union, but not involving Mugabe. (AP via Google News)
- Robert Mugabe proposes a run-off election to determine the outcome. (Reuters)
- A plane crash kills more than a dozen in Southern Sudan, including defense minister Dominic Dim Deng. (AFP via Google News)
- United States non-farm payrolls fall by 20,000 jobs with the unemployment rate falling to 5 per cent. (''The Guardian'')
- A $38 million compensation deal is completed for victims of the I-35W Mississippi River bridge collapse. (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?