Saturday 2 May 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, directed by Mark Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 2009 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 May
- The Pilgrim's Plunge water ride opens at Holiday World in Indiana, USA, the world's largest water ride drop at 131 feet high and 45-degree slope.
- Marilyn French, author of The Women's Room, dies of heart failure at age 79 in New York.
- The Sri Lankan Army kills 91 people and injures 87 others at a hospital inside a civilian safe zone. (BBC)
- The United Nations orders Israel to stop evicting Palestinians from East Jerusalem. (Al Jazeera)
- Israel aids the Palestinian National Authority, Egypt, and Jordan in combatting swine influenza. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Australia will spend US$70 billion through 2029 to improve its Defence Force. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Pacific Islands Forum indefinitely suspends Fiji's membership. (Xinhua)
- The Indonesian Pilots Federation threatens to strike unless Marwoto Komar's conviction is overturned. (Bali News)
- Two Army soldiers and 13 Taliban militants are killed during a raid in Mohmand Agency, Pakistan. (BBC)
- The Republic of China allows financial investment from mainland China for the first time since 1949. (''The Times'')
- The bulk carrier MV ''Ariana'' is hijacked by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?