Sunday 2 May 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 2010 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 May
- Lynn Redgrave: British-American actress and noted family, the daughter of actor Sir Michael Redgrave (born 3/20/1908, Bristol) and his wife, actress Rachel Kempson (born 5/28/1910, Dartmouth), a distinguished theatrical family.
- Moshe Hirsch: Jerusalem based anti-Zionist Neturei Karta rabbi (Born 1923).
- Kama Chinen: Japanese citizen and world's oldest living person (Born 1895).
- The eurozone and the International Monetary Fund agree to a €110 billion bailout package for Greece. The package involves sharp Greek austerity measures.
- The Pakistani military kills approximately 40 Taliban militants in a helicopter attack. (UPI)
- Approximately 70 Iraqi Christian students are wounded and one other Iraqi killed in bombing on the outskirts of Mosul, Iraq. (''The New York Times'')
- Notable Hollywood personalities, including Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro, Robert Redford and Francis Ford Coppola, sign a petition asking the Iranian government to release director Jafar Panahi, who was arrested alongside his wife, daughter and 15 other guests at his home on 1 March. (BBC)
- The United Nations investigates reports of a possible massacre of 100 people by Ugandan rebels in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (Al Jazeera)
- After Iran’s selection to the Commission on the Status of Women, a United Nations panel on women’s rights, Canada cites “serious concerns” about Iran’s participation in the panel and Iran’s human-rights record. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Hizbul Islam members enter Harardhere in Somalia, and meet no resistance they promise to enter other towns in the region. (Al Jazeera)
- A large Maoist-led strike in Kathmandu shuts down the city in a bid to force Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal to resign. (''The Guardian'')
- Five people are killed and at least 12 others are injured in a stampede at a Intocable concert in Guadalupe, Nuevo León. (BBC)
- Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva says his government is preparing to take back Bangkok and end the seven-week long protests. (VOA)
- A group of Asian finance ministers announce a new US$700 million bond fund to promote the issuance of local bonds because of the guarantee the new funds would provide potential investors. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- Chris Solinsky becomes the first non-African runner to break the 27 minute mark in the 10,000 meters, improving the American record by 14 seconds. (''The Flint Journal'')
- The World number one snooker player John Higgins and his manager are reported by the ''News of the World'' to have been videoed accepting a £261,000 bribe in Ukraine to lose frames in four separate matches later this year an investigation is launched and the player is immediately suspended on the final day of his reign as world champion ahead of the final of the 2010 World Snooker Championship. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Roman Polanski speaks out about his possible extradition to the United States after several months of silence. (''The New York Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?