Sunday 2 November 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Ten Nights in a Barroom, directed by Lee Beggs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1913!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1913 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Ivor Roberts-Jones: Sculptor.
- Burt Lancaster: American film actor noted for his athletic physique, blue eyes, and distinctive smile (which he called "The Grin").
- St. Louis Browns mgr George Stovall is 1st to jump to Federal League
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gems from Sweethearts - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Flow Gently, Sweet Afton - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 November 1913 and get them!