Friday 2 November 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Chi to rei, directed by Kenji Mizoguchi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1923!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1923 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- William Haughton: American harness-racing driver who was the winner of major races in the '60s and '70s.
- Bloody street fights in Aken (pro-French separatists driven)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cut Yourself a Piece of Cake - Ted Lewis & His Band
- When You Walked Out, Someone Else Walked Right In - Frank Crumit
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 November 1923 and get them!