Tuesday 2 November 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Fear o' God, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 2 November 1926 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 2 November 1926 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
See other famous people born on 02 November
Ivano Fontana: Italian boxer and Olympian, taking home a bronze medal in the 1948 Olympics.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Katinka - George Olsen & His Orchestra
Am I Wasting My Time on You? - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1926?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Giulio Gatti-Casazza -- Nov. 1, 1926
- Science: Science vol. 64 issue 1661
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: George B. Harvey -- Oct. 25, 1926
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Early edition with no edition listed. Bound in black cloth with orange lettering & decorations. VG, has some rubbing to the spine tips & corners. Owner's gift inscription dated 1926 on 1/2 title page.
Loos’s classic tale shows that questions of women and power―more relevant today than ever―can come in the most alluring of packages. This delirious 1925 Jazz Age classic introduced readers to Lorelei Lee, the small-town girl from Little Rock, who has ...
Set in England in the 1920's the story is about a father's love, devotion and sacrifice for his beloved son. Captain Sorrell returns from the war to find his wife has left him with sole responsibility for their son Kit.
Hardcover Publisher: Grosset & Dunlap; First Edition edition (1926) Language: English ASIN: B000OKWU0E Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Tell the world why 2 November 1926 is such a special date for you!