Saturday 2 November 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Shipley and Philippe Nanquette.
A Night at the Opera, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1935!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1935 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Walter Shipley: American executive and CEO of Chemical Banks, a corporate level lending institution.
- Philippe Nanquette: Lille EXecutives.
- Jock Cameron: South African cricketer (Born 1905).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 November 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?