Monday 2 November 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Come and Get It, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1936 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Rose Bird: American jurist who served for 10 years as the 25th Chief Justice of California.
- Jack Starrett: American actor who entered films in the mid-'60s as an actor and jack of all trades in low-budget motorcycle sagas.
- Rose Elizabeth Bird: California Supreme Court Justice.
- 1st high-definition TV broadcast service, by BBC in London
- The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is established.
- Italian dictator Benito Mussolini proclaims the Rome-Berlin Axis, establishing the alliance of the Axis Powers.
- The British Broadcasting Corporation initiates the BBC Television Service, the world's first regular, ''high-definition'' (then defined as at least 200 lines) service. Renamed BBC1 in 1964, the channel still runs to this day.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?