Tuesday 2 November 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The North Star, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1943 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Oldrich Pelcak: Czechoslovakia -- Cosmonaut.
- Jewish ghetto of Riga Latvia is destroyed
- WWII: In the early morning hours, American and Japanese ships fight the inconclusive Battle of Empress Augusta Bay off Bougainville.
- WWII: British troops in Italy reach the Garigliano River.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh, What A Beautiful Morning - Bing Crosby & Trudy Erwin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?