Wednesday 2 November 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Battleground, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1949!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1949 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Lois Bujold: American author.
- Gérard Akoka: French orchestra conductor, who served as artistic advisor and principal conductor of the National Symphony Orchestra of Taiwan, 1986-1990.
- Jerome F Donovan: American politician (Born 1872).
- Netherland recognizes Indonesia as a sovereign state
- Textile / meat / cheese / rijstdistributie disbands
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Cocoanuts - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?