Thursday 2 November 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
King Solomon's Mines, directed by Compton Bennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1950 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Alex Fagan: American law enforcement official (Born 1950).
- George Bernard Shaw: Irish writer, Nobel Prize laureate (b.
- Barrier opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 4 performances
- Phillies reliever Jim Konstanty wins NL MVP
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?