Friday 2 November 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Quo Vadis, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1951 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Madeleine Griselin: French geographer and computer scientist, an Emeritus Research Director at CNRS, who mounted an all-women expedition to the North Pole.
- Kathy Hammond: United States -- 400m runner (1972 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Sylvia Jeanjacquot: French companion and accomplice of the criminal Jacques Mesrine.
- Jeremy Menuhin: USA-born British pianist and the son of violinist Yehudi Menuhin.
- Michel Aguirre: .
- Thomas Mallon: American novelist and critic
- Lindy Morrison: Australian drummer (The Go-Betweens Xero and Tuff Monks)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?