Friday 2 November 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Quo Vadis, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1951 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Thomas Mallon: American novelist and critic.
- Lindy Morrison: Australian drummer (The Go-Betweens Xero and Tuff Monks).
- Madeleine Griselin: French geographer and computer scientist, an Emeritus Research Director at CNRS, who mounted an all-women expedition to the North Pole.
- Kathy Hammond: United States -- 400m runner (1972 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Michel Aguirre: .
- Jeremy Menuhin: USA-born British pianist and the son of violinist Yehudi Menuhin. Jeremy Menuhin studied composition in Paris with Nadia Boulanger, piano in Israel with Mindru Katz, and conducting in Vienna with Hans Swarowsky. He made his London debut at the age of 15, on his father's fiftieth birthday, performing with the London Philharmonic Orchestra. In 1968, he played with the London Philharmonic again to record an LP for Angel Records along with aunts Hephzibah and Yaltah, all conducted by Yehudi. He won
- Sylvia Jeanjacquot: French companion and accomplice of the criminal Jacques Mesrine. On 2 November 1979, the couple were trapped in a police shootout. Mesrine died. Sylvia Jeanjacquot lost one eye and suffered lasting damage to her arm. Jeanjacquot was not charged with any crime.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?