Sunday 2 November 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Montana Belle, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1952!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1952 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Patrick Haemers: Belgian kidnapper of the former Prime Minister of Belgium, Paul van Den Boeynants in January 1989.
- Maxine Nightingale: English soul singer.
- Aziz Yıldırım: Turkish engineer and businessman.
- Jean-Marie Chauvet: French speleologist, born in Paulhac, he discovered the "Chauvet-Pont-d'Arc" Cave, for whom it was named (18 December 1994).
- Kate Linder: Pasadena, California -- Actress (Esther Valentine- - Young and the Restless).
- Michel Boujenah: French humourist, comedian, film director, and screenwriter, born in a jewish tunisian family. He won the César for Best supporting actor in 1986, playing in "Three Men and a Cradle" with Roland Giraud.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?