Tuesday 2 November 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Poplin and Pat Croce.
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1954 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Stephen Poplin: American transpersonal astrologer, interfaith minister and worth-shop leader with clients nationwide and in Europe.
- Pat Croce: American businessman and author.
- Taiwan and US sign military pact
- JS Thurmond becomes first US senator elected by write-in vote (South Carolina).
- The dock workers' strike in England ends.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?