Friday 2 November 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Friendly Persuasion, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1956 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Peter Mullan: Scottish actor.
- Kitt Reuter-Foss: American mezzo soprano opera singer with an operatic repertoire that includes the roles of "Suzuki" in Madame Butterfly" and "Flora" in "La Traviata," as well as performances in "Rigoletto," "Cosi Fan Tutte" and "The Ghosts of Versailles.
- Dale Brown: American author and pilot.
- Israel captures Gaza and Sheham.
- Hungary appeals for United Nations assistance against Soviet invasion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?