Thursday 2 November 1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include KD Lang and kd lang.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Runaround Sue by Dion.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
Flower Drum Song, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching KVN - Klub Veselikh i Nanodchivikh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1961!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1961 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- KD Lang: Canadian singer and songwriter, accomplishing the music-crossover from traditional country to pop market and achieving a Grammy award for her album "Shadowland.
- kd lang: Canadian singer-songwriter producer and actress.
- Jeff Tedford: head coach of the California Golden Bears.
- James Thurber: American state clerk, journalist, writer, artist and illustrator of stories, fables and essays with caricatures.
- Kean opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 92 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?