Saturday 2 November 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1963 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Bobby Dall: American musician Poison (band).
- Jonas Gardell: Swedish author and screenwriter.
- Ron McGovney: American bass player (Metallica Leather Charm and Phantasm).
- Borut Pahor: Slovenian lawyer and politician 4th President of Slovenia.
- Craig Saavedra: American director producer and screenwriter.
- David Westhead: English actor and producer
- Park Young-seok: South Korean mountaineer and explorer (d. 2011)
- Jenny Robertson: TV Actress
- Ines Diers: in German Democratic Republic; 400m freestyle swimmer (Olympic-gold-1980).
- Susie Scott: San Diego, California -- Playmate (May, 1983)
- Park Young Seok: South Korean mountaineer
- Ngo ?inh Diem: South Vietnamese politician (Born 1901).
- Tambourines to Glory opens at Little Theater NYC for 24 performances
- Notes of the Federal Reserve are released bearing no promise to pay in "lawful money".
- 1963 South Vietnamese coup: South Vietnamese President Ngo Dinh Diem is assassinated following a military coup.
- Vietnam War: Coup leader General Duong Van Minh takes over as leader of South Vietnam.
- Laura Welch (later Bush) causes a car accident that results in the death of Michael Dutton Douglas in her hometown of Midland, Texas.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Skeeter Davis - I Can't Stay Mad At You
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?