Monday 2 November 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Gogan and Britta Lejon.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Love by The Supremes.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Kiss, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Profiles in Courage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1964!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1964 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
Famous Birthdays:02 November
- CBS purchases 80% of Yanks for $11,200,000, later buys remaining 20%
- Faisal succeeds Saudi as King of Saudi Arabia
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 November 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- The Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
- Jay & the Americans - Come A Little Bit Closer
- Dean Martin - The Door Is Still Open To My Heart
- Roger Miller - Chug-A-Lug
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?