Tuesday 2 November 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1965 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Nick Boles: English businessman and politician.
- Arnold Clavio: Filipino broadcast journalist.
- Jurica Pavičić: Croatian author and critic.
- Shah Khan: Movie Actor.
- Werner Held: German astrologer and psychologist.
- Shahrukh Khan: Indian film actor. His father, Taj Mohammed Khan, a Pathan, was an Indian independence activist from Peshawar, British India, present day Pakistan. According to Khan, his paternal grandfather was originally from Afghanistan. His mother, Lateef Fatima, was the adopted daughter of Major General Shah Nawaz Khan of the Janjua Rajput clan, who served in the Indian National Army.
- Samuel Le Bihan: French comedian and actor notable for his role in "The Brotherhood of the Wolf". Producer, he launched the career of French humourist François-Xavier Demaison.
- Chuck Klingbeil: NFL nose tackle (Miami Dolphins)
- Norman Morrison, a 31-year-old Quaker, sets himself on fire in front of the river entrance to the Pentagon to protest the use of napalm in the Vietnam war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Everybody Loves A Clown
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- The Vogues - You're The One
- Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?