Saturday 2 November 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Head, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1968 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Brandi Brandt: Santa Clara, California -- Playmate (October, 1987).
- Helle Michaelsen: Alborg, Denmark -- Playmate (Aug, 1988).
- Melissa Evridge: Lexington, Kentucky -- Playmate (Aug, 1990).
- Neal Casal: American singer-songwriter guitarist and photographer (Ryan Adams and the Cardinals and Chris Robinson Brotherhood).
- Ultra Nate: American musician.
- Ernst Hess: Composer, dies at 56.
- Her First Roman closes at Lunt Fontanne Theater NYC after 17 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- Cream - White Room
- The Turtles - Elenore
- Gary Puckett - Over You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 November 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?