Monday 2 November 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Corbin Lacina and Sharmell Sullivan.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
Ryan's Daughter, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kleiner König Kalle Wirsch.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1970!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1970 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Corbin Lacina: NFL guard (Buffalo Bills).
- Sharmell Sullivan: American professional wrestling valet.
- Ely Buendia: Filipino musician, writer and director who gained fame as guitarist, songwriter and lead vocalist of the popular Pinoy rock band Eraserheads.
- Sharmell Sullivan-Huffman: American wrestler and model.
- Richard Cushing: cardinal and archbishop of Boston (Born 1895).
- Cleveland Cavaliers lose by biggest margin-54 points (Philadelphia 76ers 141-87).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?