Tuesday 2 November 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves by Cher.
In UK Coz I Luv You by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
My Name Is Trinity, directed by E.B. Clucher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1971!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1971 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Pete Vordenberg: Rota, Spain -- US cross country skier (1994 Olympics).
- Stevie J: R&B Singer.
- Meta Golding: Figure Skater.
- Great Harp opens at Martin Beck Theater NYC for 7 performances
- Orioles Pat Dobson no-hits Yomiuri Giants, 2-0
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- John Lennon - Imagine
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
- Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?