Saturday 2 November 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Haven't Done Nothin' by Stevie Wonder.
In UK Everything I Own by Ken Boothe was in the top 5 hits.
Phantom of the Paradise, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1974 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Jaroslav Spacek: NHL defenseman (Team Czech Olympics - Gold - 1998, (Sweden).
- Ruslan Salei: NHL defenseman (Belarus, Olympics - 1998, Anaheim).
- Prodigy : American rapper and one half of the Hip-hop duo Mobb Deep with Havoc.
- Stéphane Sarrazin: French professional racing driver.
- Nelly : Rapper.
- Orlando Cabrera: Colombian-American baseball player
- Art Modell gets snowed in and misses his 1st Cleveland Brown game in 33 yrs
- Braves trade Hank Aaron to Milwaukee Brewers for OF Dave May
- 78 die when the Time Go-Go Club in Seoul, South Korea burns down. Six of the victims jumped to their deaths from the seventh floor after a club official barred the doors after the fire started.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- Carole King - Jazzman
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - Steppin' Out (Gonna Boogie Tonight)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Mac Davis - Stop And Smell The Roses
- America - Tin Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?