Tuesday 2 November 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cédric Jandau and Thierry Omeyer.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Rock'n Me by Steve Miller Band.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Carrie, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Outsiders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blockade or Breakout.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1976!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1976 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Cédric Jandau: French footballer, who played as a midfielder mainly for Calais (1994-2002).
- Thierry Omeyer: French handball goalkeeper who currently plays for THW Kiel.
- Margus Hernits: Estonian figure skater.
- Sidney Ponson: Aruban baseball player.
- Jimmy Carter (D) defeats Gerald Ford (R) for President
- New Jersey voters approve gambling for Atlantic City
- SD Padre Randy Jones wins NL Cy Young
- Former Georgia Governor Jimmy Carter (Democrat) defeats incumbent Gerald R Ford (Republican) in US presidential election.
- A referendum in New Jersey approves legalizing casino gaming for Atlantic City by a 3-to-2 margin.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 November 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Heart - Magic Man
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?