Friday 2 November 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Pop Muzik by M.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
Die Spinnen, 2. Teil - Das Brillantenschiff, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Establishment by Howard Fast was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1979!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1979 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Erika Flores: American actress.
- Julie Lund: Danish actress.
- Simone Puleo: Italian footballer.
- Darren Young: American wrestler.
- Kristina Hammer: American accident fatality; a Halloween tragedy, she died two days before her 14th birthday.
- Matteo Bellina: Italian child actor who started at the age of five years in commercials, before he received his largest and best-known screen role, playing a young Jesus in Franco Rossi's four-part 1988 television mini-series "A Child Named Jesus."
- Jacques Mesrine: French criminal (Born 1936).
- Peter Shaffers musical Amadeus, premieres in London
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?