Tuesday 2 November 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Deakin and Yunel Escobar.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker.
In UK I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant was in the top 5 hits.
The Man from Snowy River, directed by George Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild America.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Great Britain Ltd or Pac-Man Plus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1982!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1982 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Daniel Deakin: Family Member.
- Yunel Escobar: Cuban-American baseball player.
- Kyoko Fukada: Japanese actress and singer.
- Charles Itandje: French footballer.
- Shura Taft: English-Australian radio and television host.
- Lloyd Zaragoza: Filipino actor
- Lester Roloff: American religious personality (Born 1914).
- Fire in Salung tunnel, Afghanistan, 1,000+ Russians die
- Nayoko Yoshikawa wins LPGA Pioneer Cup Golf Tournament
- Channel 4 was launched.
- A gasoline or petrol tanker explodes in the Salang Tunnel in Afghanistan, killing at least 176 people.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average surges 43.41 points, or 4.25%, to close at 1,065.49, its first all-time high in more than 9 years. It last hit a record on January 11, 1973 when the average closed at 1,051.70. The points gain is the biggest ever up to this point.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joe Cocker - Up Where We Belong
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- Olivia Newton-John - Heart Attack
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Neil Diamond - Heartlight
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Laura Branigan - Gloria
- Lionel Richie - Truly
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?