Friday 2 November 2001
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dylan Delgado and Bredia Santoro.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Family Affair by Mary J. Blige.
In UK Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
The One, directed by James Wong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Isle of Dogs by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adam & Joe's American Animation Adventure.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cossacks: European Wars or Formula One Arcade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 2001!
Which were the important events of 2 November 2001 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
Famous Birthdays:02 November
- Microsoft and the US Department of Justice and nine US states reach a settlement in their antitrust case. Microsoft is to license Windows uniformly, and cannot make exclusive contracts that compel companies to use to not use certain competing software products.
- Disney generally releases the Walt Disney Pictures / Pixar Animation Studios animated feature film Monsters, Inc. to theatres in the USA. North American theater receipts: US$255.5 million.
- Hurricane Michelle hits Cuba, destroying crops and thousands of homes.
- The Police Service of Northern Ireland is established, replacing the controversial Royal Ulster Constabulary.
- The People's Republic of China is admitted to the World Trade Organization after 15 years of negotiations.
- Heavy rains and mudslides in Algeria kill more than 900.
- Australian Prime Minister John Howard is elected to a third term.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?