Wednesday 2 November 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Haywire, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 2 November 2011 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 November
- French author Alexis Jenni wins France's literary Prix Goncourt for his novel ''L'Art français de la guerre''. (Bloomberg)
- Eight people are killed and dozens injured after a freight train collides with a bus at a level crossing in central Argentina. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Australian WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange loses his appeal in England's High Court against extradition to Sweden to face questioning over sexual assault allegations. (''The Guardian'')
- Four men are arrested in the U.S. state of Georgia for plotting to kill government officials with explosives and the toxic substance ricin. (''Washington Post'')
- Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout is convicted in New York City for conspiracy to smuggle weapons to the Colombian terrorist group FARC. (''The Guardian'')
- American actress Lindsay Lohan is sentenced to 30 days in a Los Angeles jail for breaching the terms of her parole. (E! Online)
- Gaza aid flotilla:
- An international flotilla of ships makes its way to the Gaza Strip on a purported humanitarian mission, with participants including Irish MEP Paul Murphy and former Irish parliamentarian Chris Andrews. (RTE)
- Israel vows to stop the flotilla from reaching its destination. (Reuters)
- Russia and Georgia strike a deal that will allow Russia to enter the World Trade Organization. (''The Moscow Times'')
- Greek economic referendum:
- The Greek Cabinet unanimously supports plans by Prime Minister George Papandreou to hold a referendum on the European Union's proposed economic rescue plan. (AP via Newser)
- The President of France Nicolas Sarkozy and Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel warn that a sixth tranche of financial aid will not be paid to Greece unless the referendum is successful. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- In baseball, the Chicago Cubs fire their manager Mike Quade. (ESPN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?