Wednesday 2 October 1907
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Balett ur op. Mignon/Jössehäradspolska, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1907.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1907!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1907 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Alexander R Todd: Baron Todd, Scottish chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1997).
- Elisabeth Gording: Norwegian actress.
- Victor Paz Estenssoro: Bolivian politician (d. 2001).
- Víctor Estenssoro: Bolivian politician 52nd President of Bolivia (d. 2001).
- Alexander Todd: Scottish biochemist whose research prepared the way for DNA analysis and was recognized with the 1957 Nobel Prize for Chemistry.
- Walter Bestmann: German Nazi military figure, an Oberführer (Senior Colonel) in the Waffen SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. This was awarded to recognize extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership by Nazi Germany during World War II. He died 17 June 1958, aged 50, Lübeck, Germany.
- Lord Todd: Chemist
- William Marshall: Producer / director / actor / singer (Blackmail)
- Jean Pheulpin: French engraver and designer of postage stamps, who received the 'Grand Prix de l'art philatélique français' for his "Éléphant" series (Laos, 1958).
- Phillies Eddie Grant goes 7 for 7 in a doubleheader vs. Giants
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Won't You be My Honey? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- It's Great to be a Soldier Man - Billy Murray
- Harrigan - Edward Meeker
- I'm Tying the Leaves So They Won't Come Down - Byron G. Harlan
- In the Good Old Steamboat Days - Murry K. Hill
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?