Monday 2 October 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1916 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 October
- Benjamin Kidel: English sociologist (Social Evolution), dies at 58.
- San Diego Zoo founded
- Grover Cleveland Alexander records his 16th shutout of the year.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tales of Hoffman: Barcolle (Belle Nuit - Oh Night of Love - John McCormack
- The Old Refrain - Fritz Kreisler
- Have a Heart - Ziegfeld Follies of 1915 Medley - Conway's Band
- Welcome, Honey, to Your Old Plantation Home - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?