Tuesday 2 October 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1917 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Christian de Duve: English-Belgian cytologist and biochemist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2013).
- Charles Drake: Geologist, dies of heart attack at 92.
- Marcel Durliat: French art historian, a professor at the University of Toulouse-Le Mirail, and author of books on Romanesque art.
- Rosaleen Norton: Australian artist and occultist, a witch who used the craft name of Thorn.
- Francis Jackson: Organist and master of Music / York minister.
- William Marshall III: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Blacula, Honky)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Over There - American Quartet
- American Quartet - Good-Bye Broadway, Hello France
- John McCormack - Keep the Home Fires Burning
- La Marseillaise - Frances Alda backed by The Metropolitan Opera Chorus
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 October 1917 and get them!