Friday 2 October 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alois Pinos and Brian Dilton.
Thank You, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1925!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1925 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Alois Pinos: Composer.
- Brian Dilton: British lord justice of appeal.
- Clay Felker: American magazine editor and journalist who founded New York Magazine in 1968.
- Philippe Malaud: French diplomat and politician.
- Ernesto Montgomery: Jamaican clairvoyant, faith healer, advisor and minister who was assigned by British Intelligence, at the age of 16, to work on the invasion of Normandy as a psychic spy, as reported by Clifford Linedecker in the 1976 book "Psychic Spy.
- José Pires: Portuguese writer, his works have been translated into more than 15 languages. One of his better- known books is "Signs of Fire" (1978) about the effects of the Spanish Civil War on Portugal. His first novel was "The Anchored Angel" in 1958. Ten years later he published "The Dauphin" which many critics considered his masterpiece. In 1991 he was awarded the Latin Union Prize for Literature and the coveted Fernando Pessoa prize, Portugal's most prestigious award.
- Wren Blair: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager (d. 2013)
- John Logie Baird performs the first test of a working television system.
- London's first enclosed double-decker buses are introduced.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pal of My Cradle Days - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Sweet Georgia Brown - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Let it Rain - Gene Austin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?