Friday 2 October 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Thank You, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1925!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1925 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Wren Blair: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager (d. 2013).
- José Pires: Portuguese writer, his works have been translated into more than 15 languages.
- Clay Felker: American magazine editor and journalist who founded New York Magazine in 1968.
- Philippe Malaud: French diplomat and politician.
- Ernesto Montgomery: Jamaican clairvoyant, faith healer, advisor and minister who was assigned by British Intelligence, at the age of 16, to work on the invasion of Normandy as a psychic spy, as reported by Clifford Linedecker in the 1976 book "Psychic Spy.
- John Logie Baird performs the first test of a working television system.
- London's first enclosed double-decker buses are introduced.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet Georgia Brown - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Let it Rain - Gene Austin
- Pal of My Cradle Days - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 October 1925 and get them!