Saturday 2 October 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Betsey Goodspeed and Émile Témine.
The Temptress, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1926 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Betsey Goodspeed: American musician, pro harpist and singer; she gives performances in small settings, such as dinner clubs, community centers, private parties.
- Émile Témine: French historian, specializing in the Spanish civil war and more broadly in the history of contemporary Spain, recruited as a professor at the Aix-Marseille University (now University of Provence Aix-Marseille I), where he spent his entire career.
- Jan Morris: Travel writer (Among the Cities, Hong Kong, Journeys).
- Bert Gibb of Hamilton Tigers kicks 9 singles in a NFL football game.
- Józef Piłsudski becomes prime minister of Poland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cross Your Heart - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along - Whispering Jack Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?