Wednesday 2 October 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Zochonis and Kenneth Leighton.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1929 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- John Zochonis: British multi-millionaire soap magnate.
- Kenneth Leighton: Composer.
- Moses Gunn in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; actor (Amityville II, Good Times, Shaft).
- Moses Gunn: American actor.
- Howard Roberts: American jazz guitarist.
- Peter Bronfman: Canadian businessman (Born 1928)
- Cesare Maestri: Italian climber, famous for climbing Cerro Torre
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 October 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?