Sunday 2 October 1932
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maury Wills baseball shortstop (Los Angeles Dodgers and David St Clair.
A Bill of Divorcement, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1932!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1932 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Maury Wills baseball shortstop (Los Angeles Dodgers: National League Most Valuable Player 1962).
- David St Clair: American writer, journalist and novelist who wrote of Brazil and South America.
- Maury Wills: American baseball player who was one of the greatest shortstops in Dodger history and their all-time stolen base leader with 490 steals.
- Jean Aubertot: Royat Journalist.
- Washington Redskins (as Boston Braves) play 1st NFL game, lose 14-0
- New York Yankees sweep Chicago Cubs in 29th World Series.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?