Tuesday 2 October 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Cleopatra, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1934 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Sean O'Donnell: Irish parapsychologist who was involved in psychic research and the study of ESP from 1967.
- Duncan Thompson: Keeper (Scottish National Portrait Gallery).
- Richard Scott: Baron Scott of Foscote South African-English lawyer and judge.
- Earl Wilson: American baseball player and coach (d. 2005).
- A tornado in Osaka and Kyoto kills 1,660, injures 5,400, and destroys the rice harvest.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 October 1934 and get them!