Monday 2 October 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yuri Nikolayevich Glazkov and Jean Vallée.
Ninotchka, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1939 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Yuri Nikolayevich Glazkov: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 24).
- Jean Vallée: Belgian singer and songwriter, he competed twice at the Eurovision song contest, finishing 8th in 1970 and second in 1978.
- Birdbaths installed in Union Square, San Francisco
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?